Lightforge Beta Program
Welcome to the Lightforge beta program! Thank you for your willingness to help test Lightforge and to ensure that it is stable and bug free when it is released to the public.
There are a few things you should know before we get started.
- This is an early build of Lightforge. It has bugs. Probably lots of them. The primary goal of beta testing is to find them and get rid of them. For this testing period to be helpful, We need you to tell us when you find a bug, and help us kill it.
- Updates may break shows that you write during the beta. We think we've worked out most of those sort of issues already, but it could still happen. We'll do our best to keep it to a minimum, and let you know ahead of time, but sometimes it just needs to happen.
- There is less documentation than we'd like at this point. More is being added every day, so if you have questions just ask.
- The beta version of Lightforge is fully functional. It is not limited in any way except for one. At the end of the beta period it will no longer function. Until then feel free to use it free of charge. We'll let you know as the beta is winding down so it doesn't just suddenly stop working without any warning.
- Our library of fixture profiles is severely lacking at this point. If you need a profile for a particular fixture and don't feel comfortable making it yourself, send us an email and request it. We will get it built and to you as promptly as we can. If you create a profile and it's working well for you, send it to us and we'll make it available for others to use.
To submit bug reports visit bugs.visualsorcery.com and click "Open A New Task". Please include as much information as possible, as well any relevant files that may be associated with the error.
The best information on using Lightforge is currently Lightforge Tutorials.
The Lightforge Wiki will be getting more information as time goes by, but there is a lot missing at this point.
- Midi Show Control is incomplete. Input is limited to the most basic functionality of the go and stop commands, and output is limited to a handful of basic commands. This will be expanded in an upcoming patch.
Note: Some browsers and operating systems (Windows 8) may flag this download as a potentially malicious file. This is a false positive that occurs because we are distributing an executable file, and because there has not been sufficient traffic to flag it as safe yet.
Thank you again for your willingness to help test Lightforge!