Welcome guest!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Random Crashes in Fixture Creator
  • I'm getting random crashes.. well.. more like instant, nothing..

no error messages.. it could be clicking any button, say the ADD buttons, boom.. gone.. right to desktop..

this is on a WINXP machines.. happening a random intervals..

but the changes are SAVED.. so it's as if, it saves them first, then disappears.. this also closes, disappears LF completely..

mJR
  • I'm also getting the same type of "gone" double clicking on the timeline
  • this is a pretty stable WINXP setup, very basic, older Dell XPS machine, little to nothing running in background
  • ok, I can get it to crash by pressing the ARROW keys when I attempted to step forward on the timeline..
  • Would you mind sending me a copy of your show file? I can't replicate any of these issues on my machine, so hopefully taking a look at your show can shed some light on this.

Also, it's crashing to the desktop without an error message due to a bug in the error handling system that was introduced in the last patch. It's been resolved in the 0.3.0.6, which will be pushed in the next couple days.

Chris Monson
    Lead Developer
    Visual Sorcery
  • just an update.. I made a new file, then made a cue.. if I double click on the cue (out of habbit) I get dumped to the desktop.. this is the error in the log

DefaultSource Critical 3 Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Unhandled Exception.

is this the same error being fixed in 6?
  • Yep, same bug, it's been resolved in the next update. We'll be pushing it out either yet this evening or tomorrow.