Welcome guest!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sound Trigger effect
  • is there a way to trigger lights based on incoming sound info through the sound card input?

the reason I ask is that we use some DJ style LED fixtures, that have built in mics to capture sound and then make changes.. but this is limiting, sometimes the mics don't hear all the music, also that if they aren't in master / slave setup, they don't do the same changes.. it would be nice to be able to have a sound wave that is incoming to make CUE changes or run chasers to the temp..

I know I can make a show, but so often, we are playing different music or a big activity, and I have to switch the lights into a sound mode and sometimes they do NOT like coming out of it, without blacking out the entire system..
  • There is an audio input option accessible from the python effects api that allows you to take audio input and use it to trigger changes in your effects. I'll be replicating it's functionality in the node system soon.

Chris Monson
    Lead Developer
    Visual Sorcery