Welcome guest!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Midi Control data
  • could you explain a bit more on the Midi control data that LF outputs?

is it possible to send out MIDI data? I was looking at a plugin that would import MIDI data and output a keystroke, but it's not seeing the MIDI Show data.. it's looking for regular midi data such as a key note..

our video mixing software VMIX will instantly cut to video clips when it gets a keystroke, so I Was going to see if I was able to keep it open and have LF activate it.. just in case your media server playback software doesn't work..

thanks..
  • Sure thing. So the midi data the Lightforge outputs is Midi Show Control. This is a standardized set of commands that is sent as System Exclusive (SysEx) messages out your midi port. Any device that supports midi show control will be able to receive the commands and execute them accordingly. These commands are things like Go, Stop, Go To Cue, Pause, etc. This runs alongside, and completely separate from normal midi information (notes, velocities, etc), so that method probably wont work for you.

I do however have a program that does just what you are wanting to do though. (Receive Midi Show Control and trigger a keystroke). Let me clean it up a bit and I'll email it to you later this evening.

Chris Monson
    Lead Developer
    Visual Sorcery